Thursday 2 December 2010

Oh, Holy Crap...

Yep, the stars are brightly shining, this is the time when there's no time to write...

That, in a nutshell is how it goes for a graphic artist just before Christmas.  You'd think after nearly two decades, I'd be used to it, but...no.  It doesn't matter if my work load has decreased over the years, since people heed no warning about my advance notice that they should contact me at least a week before hand.  Everyone wants things at the last minute and printers really don't give a crap if you're late.

Sighs....

Aside from work-stuff, there's personal stuffs too...like those pesky Christmas cards that you remember - at the last minute of course - and you scramble to get them sorted.  It doesn't help that you design them every year, so you have no one to blame, but yourself.

And then, during the quieter moments, I try to steal a few hours to write since this new story is itching inside my brains and I need to scratch.  But, idiot that I am, I decided to read this truly engrossing book (Pillars Of The Earth), so all my attention is sucked away.  Damn you, book!  But you gotta love books like that, right?

Sighs....

Well, at least I've managed to punch out of few lines here and I've got the writing-itch out of my system for a while...well, sort of.

Back to work...Bah, humbug!

1 comment: