Friday 16 November 2012

SFFSat - Nov 17

Science Fiction Fantasy Saturday (SFFSat) is a place where a bunch of us post snippets from our written works and also shoot the breeze a little. And before I get ahead of myself, thanks and appreciation as always to those who stop by and leave fantastic comments.

To Catch A Marlin
is available in Ebook & Paperback
from Amazon

Continuing with the release of To Catch A Marlin, yet another snippet. I'm debating whether this should be the last one--time to move onto other exciting adventures--but maybe I'll save one last one for next week.

To Catch A Marlin is a futuristic cat and mouse tale involving Special Inspector Pedroni and the vigilante Jax Marlin, who just happens to be a super sexy woman with ninja skills.

Today, we have our favourite space pirate, Captain Taris, chatting with Jax after a particularly nasty chase, having a little discussion about space...


            Jax snorted. “Granny Fish does not pine. And she still thinks you’ve wasted your talents out here in this dark hole of a universe.”
            “I don’t know what you two have against space and adventuring these uncharted seas.”
            “It’s space. It’s got stars and planets and junk. What more is there to adventure?”
            “You landlubbers.”
            “Uncle Taris. It’s space—not the freaking ocean.”


If you are interested in participating in next weeks SFFSat, just click HERE, and follow the rules. Sign up is open every Wednesday - and if you're on Twitter, use the #SFFSat hashtag.

Cheers!

23 comments:

  1. Their banter is great. I smiled the whole time I read this, though I'm with Uncle Taris--so much to explore amongst the empty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! Thank you! I had fun creating Taris.

      Delete
  2. Great dialogue! If you do keep posting snips, just avoid the spoilers (I'm only half-way through!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's space--not the freaking ocean." I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't take the sky from anyone, that's for sure. :) (Unless you're FOX. Boo.) Great snippet and I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the banter here. Who says you can't mix sci-fi & humor? Not me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see I haven't met all of the characters yet. (It's on my iPad.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Uncle Taris. It’s space—not the freaking ocean.”

    Love this line. :D This conversation is great. Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes these snippets are too short! Oh, uncle Taris, space exploration is just sooooo uncool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little exchange here. Gives me good insight into characterization, T. K.!

    :) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice exchange - put a smile on my face. I hope we do get one more snippet from "Marlin" before you move onto pastures new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed. And, yes, one more Marlin snippet for the last.

      Delete
  11. And no one can hear you scream, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashamedly, this is still on my TBB list. But snippets like this make me want it more!

    ReplyDelete