Friday 16 March 2012

SFF Saturday - March 17

Welcome to another SFFSat. I'm still featuring my work in progress, The Grosjean Chronicles.

The story revolves around Captain Alanis Grosjean, a Space Marine (featured briefly in book 2 of my Lancaster Trilogy).  She's a no-nonsense, fire-breathing lady with beguiling elfin feautres who has an unpredictable temper and poops out nails.  Capt. Grosjean's mission in this tale is to capture the notorious space pirate Norstrom and his crew on board the Drunken Sailor...

In this scene, we meet Norstrom, idly waiting for the arrival of Grosjean.  He's such an adorable character...

       Norstrom sat back on the plush divan couch with a sigh and let out a chuckle.  The Solaris Hotel on Bacchus cost a little bit more, but it was worth it.  Not that money mattered, but wasting it unnecessarily just didn't make sense.  Besides, they made the best pre-dinner canapés in the galaxy.  Especially the devilled eggs.  And he did have a penchant for devilled eggs at the best of times.
       He burped deeply from the champagne.  Grinning, he impressed himself with the length and loudness of his release.  Soon, the eggs would have worked their way through his system and he’d be releasing another sort of build-up.  He looked forward to that prospect.  Idly he hoped Grosjean would be around with witness the event.  She’d always been such a prude about normal bodily functions.  Must be the French in her, he sighed.

If you're interested in participating in next week's SFF Saturday, stop by their sign-up blog which is open every Wednesdays.  And don't forget to follow the rules and use the #SFFSat hashtag.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. Great snippet this week. It made me smile. :) Norstrom seems like such a fascinating character I hope we get to read some more about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is quite a character, indeed. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, lovely. Must have all the ladies falling at his feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god, that's funny! I can just picture him sitting in this fancy hotel and letting one rip. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what every dude always dreams of...according to hubby.

      Delete
  4. Humor featuring bodily functions is right up my alley, since I have the mind of a 13 year old...hee hee. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..why am I not surprised. It's a phenomena most men are afflicted with.. :)

      Delete
  5. LOL I can already visualize her reaction when she arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess in the next scene (once the eggs to their work) Norstrom's going to redefine "adorable" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, bet she's really looking forward to that particular 'outburst', lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to be a HOOT!! I love the humor in this! Reminds me of a conversation I had in the car with my husband and sons the other day! Wonderful snippet, so true-to-life.

    ReplyDelete