Friday 5 July 2013

SFFSart - July 06

Science Fiction Fantasy Saturday (SFFSat) is a place where a bunch of us post snippets from our written works and also shoot the breeze a little. And before I get ahead of myself, thanks and appreciation as always to those who stop by and leave fantastic comments.


Still torturing you my pantsing rambles...and still untitled.
A little preamble for those who don't know: Two characters on an old 'ship' (undecided if to make it a space ship or a ship-ship) that looked like it originated from the 1960s. One sees a 'dinosaur', almost poops his pants, then both characters make a run for it...
You can catch the previous ones:
Part 1: here.
Part 2: here.
Part 3: here.

And now for this week...after diving for cover, our heroine has but a brief moment to survey the threat...


T-Rex-spinosaurus-carnotaurus...
Why was I spewing out grade school science stuff?
It reared back its head, as if to chomp down on us. It inhaled instead, its mouth cracked open wider and sucked in a phlegmy rasp.
So many teeth!
“We should…we should run. Now!” I jabbed my elbow into Mason, scuttling backwards with my eyes riveted to the creature.
It brought its head down and on an ear-shattering roar, a blast of fire spewed from its mouth.
Dragon!

If you are interested in participating in next weeks SFFSat, just click HERE, and follow the rules. Sign up is open every Wednesday - and if you're on Twitter, use the #SFFSat hashtag.



Cheers!

17 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't think the situation could get any worse for them, but it did! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twist!

    And, hey. Don't worry about titles. I usually keep changing that right up until publishing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, twist!!
      Funny enough, I'm not really worried about a title. I'm just having fun writing this.

      Delete
  3. Holy crap! Didn't see that one coming. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that was unexpected. Let's hope whatever type of ship they're on isn't flammable, or at least had fire extinguishers, or at least least someone has a couple T-Rex snacks. Great stuff! Keep surprising us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think the grade school science stuff is going to be much help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A dragon has got to be worse than a dinosaur, what with the fire breathing. The details in this are great--particularly the details about its mouth. Very visual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second the motion to run! Nice detail, and still a very exciting concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second the motion to run! Nice detail, and still a very exciting concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Snippet! I'm biting my teeth in anticipation of what's going to happen next. :)

    ReplyDelete