Thursday 1 April 2010

It's Here!

Ever have those days when you wake up and think that it's going to be another long day of absolute dulldom? Well, I had such a morning until I sat in front the computer, like every morning during the week, to check my emails and surf the usual spots on the net.

Take a sip of coffee and trundle along. Click, out of sheer dulldom on your publisher's website, and simply stare blankly. Take another sip to make sure you saw it right the first time and clear the old 'collywogs' out your sleep-infested brain. Yep, it's still there! Break out into a wide grin and do the silly-jig in your chair. Then call your husband and yabber at him that your book is out! It's been released TODAY!!

The minute you hang up, you immediately think that it may just be April Fools so... Nah, that can't be! Then you do that silly jig again and keep on grinning.

So, it is finally here! The long wait is over - my creation is birthed for all the world to see. Now is the time to take a deep breath and hold it (until that first bad critique comes in...eeeeee!!). Be kind to me, this is my maiden voyage into uncharted territories.

Sigh...I feel as if a weight has been flung off my shoulders. How very liberating! No wonder I'm still grinning. I shall await your responses now. Good reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment